Monday, March 16, 2015

Granny Gear

You know that you are getting old when you have some twenty something friends over for drinks and they bring their little one and the cute little things starts calling you and your wife grand ma and Pa,, 
Ha.. 
That being said it is safe to say that it is a typical monday start to the week and 
feeling sore and stiff.  But once again only due to all the movement that 
comes from a busy weekend. 

I have managed to stick together a solid bock of days pedaling my bicycles,,
and it has me looking into the future knowing that I have a 
 lot of work to do but I must say I am happy where i am with 
what I have. 

Fridays warmth and early end to the work day made for a good mix of bike riding beer drinking
and good old family time,,, that is because the kid came home for spring brake. 
But while I was out working my lovely wife tag a picture for me 
in solidarity from fridays post,.,

It made me smile and was super happy to see her out on the plastic 
road machine now that it is all tuned up thanks to the crew at Blue Heroin Bikes. 


Saturday saw more of the same except the fact that I needed to head out before the temps
got to be really warm.
The boy and I were heading to the cites to pick up his Karate Monkey and had plans to do some Thrashing while we were up there.

He was all set to ride some different parks,, but after getting the bike downtown then finding a 
lunch spot and then fighting traffic to stop at the Famillia for some wheels,,, we were both 
burned out on the hussel and bussel of the 612.
So we just came home and kicked it at our park and sessioned with the local pro ripper kids..
I do have to say the new Spitfire wheels are killing it right know pretty stoked,,

I have posted a few pictures of the boy showing off for his sister at the park and it is 
pretty funny how may vies and thumbs up that he has been getting on the instagram..
From time to time I like to lurk and see who is liking stuff,, and I have to say that it is a pretty interesting world out there.
But regardless just stoke to see the boy thrashing. 

Wrapped up the weekend with some cabbage and porkchops from the grill,, I 
can safely say that i was pretty shelled from the ride I did in the heavy wind yesterday.
I made the decision to head out on the All-City and do the loop that I have been doing on the shifter bike. 
I knew that once I got to the top of the bluff I was going to be manhandled by the wind,, and it is safe to say that I was.
But it helped cap off a good week of riding and it is has the flame inside burning at full strength.

Spring is here and it is going to be a while before we get 
back into the woods but there are good signs that it wont be too long.

Now I just need to figure out how to get loose and get this party started.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment