Monday, January 28, 2013

Sticks

This winter is going down as one of the strangest for weather that I can remember since moving here to the midwest. After starting off with some good snow pack and the ability to xc ski,, then the 
heat wave came and roads cleared out and the pavement was in play. Last week cabin fever set in as we went sub zero for the whole week. 
I have tried twice this winter to ride on the rollers and have lasted about 10 minutes each time.
Just board,, I have more outside miles than in years past and feel spoiled due to that and 
riding indoors is tough. I am sticking with my indoor heavy item moving program and riding when I can. 
Took the boy out to the Mound for another day of down hill sliding. Sun was out and the corduroy was fresh and the boy was really having fun and turning well. 
We spent a good amount of time riding the poma lift up to the terrain park. It is not much a rail and then a 10 foot gap followed by a 20 foot gap. Both jumps are built well even though I was finding speed hard to judge. 
James started hitting them and you could see it in his face as he left the ground that this was something he could grow to like. 
His old man was having fun as I am pretty sure I saw a few 360's get landed.

Ready for the Spring and things are moving around in the Garage.... Time to start Planning all that is to come.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment