Friday, December 21, 2012

HeRe Like It Or Not

The Snow came and went and it was more blow than show... As of wednesday night the new was
calling for up to 16inches of snow and blizzard conditions. Schools closed and travel was not recommended.
Woke up Thursday to little to no snow on the ground and no work.. 
Snow Day!
The Rocket and I moved snow and then got on bikes and tooled around the hood,,shortly
joined by the pip..
By the time that it was all said and done I think that we ended up with 6inches of snow.. and that works out to an inch of snow  for each of the days that I have off of work...
I have my XC skis ready to go and the sun is shining on the shortest day of the year.
It should be a test of fitness and leg strength as I will head up to the home of SSUSA to go ski at ST Marys. The hills don't stop and the grooming is world class.
Tomorrow will mark the first day on sticks for the boy but,,,not the xc style we are going to send him out on some downhill gear and see what he thinks.. I truly think that he is going to love it as the gravity bug runs deep in the family jeans.  For me I have my lift access gear ready to go,,, but not sure when I will hit the slopes for the first time in 5+ years.  My plan is to the Levis Mound and ski the 30k of skate trails that they have all set up and ready to go.
I got my Pickle in the mail yesterday and as stated it wont be taken off anytime soon..
The world has not ended yet so get out
and enjoy the return of the LIGHT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment