Monday, November 3, 2014

Loss of Time

Spring forward and Fall back,,, I am not sure that I fully agree with the concept of moving time for man kinds benefit.  After living in Arizona where the time stays the same, unless you live on the Res, you kind of get used to the idea of time being more of a constant. 
Now is it nice when they say in the fall that you get an extra hour of sleep,, sure but now I have to convince my body that it really is not one hour later in the day. 
And now more than anything we have entered the dark part of the year.  On the news this morning they said that the sun will set just before five o'clock.  That is just depressing. 
With Halloween on Friday and the switch of time on Saturday I knew that it was going to be a busy weekend of trying to find enough daylight to get all things done. 
My doorbell did not ring very often which was fine, I don't like people panhandling at my door for candy. 
The boy was out with some of his school friends who all ended up back here for  candy gambling ,,, a game that allowed them to get what they wanted and get rid of what they didn't.
I went to bed to catch up on sleep.
I had planed on saturday to get out on my bike and ride in the sun,, but once again time got away from me and after me and boy searched for a new skateboard and took a trip up to Winona, to skate the mini ramp there.  And on that note,, let me say the park has potential, it just needs someone to come in and address the surface and all the broken glass.
I did find the time to pedal yesterday,, went out and rode for a good while,, even showed some 
people around the trails a bit,, I played tour guide and just enjoyed some time on the single speed. 
But the underlying theme all weekend was how tired I was due to the damn hour switch,, Seasonal jetlag. 
Now I need to get my ducks in a row and get ready for a whirlwind trip to the 303 to see my Family.  

No comments:

Post a Comment