Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Boneless

Still not winter here yet in the Great White North,, just wet.. It has been raining and raining making it hard to go outside and play.. So it was super great to hear the boy say today when he got home from school that he wanted to go and Sk8 at Familia.. Only issue in doing so is that the trip home would be in the throat of rush hour traffic in the rain. But the boy said sk8 so I was in.  Jumping on the Interstate from hell I was treated to some fresh rubber that the little buggy got installed.. Love new tires,,, just hate paying for them. We got our selves to the

 HQ and started banging out the tricks,, the boy was even going after some moves I have never seen him  try before.. I dig it when I see him think outside the box and see him progress,,, He just doesn't let me give him advise. Which drives me nutz.. So much so that tonight as he went into Karate Class,,
    I was finishing up listing to the Tony Hawk Radio show,, so I call in and asked him for advice.. Funny as an old man talking to the guy that you grew up watching and idolizing getting advise about bring up a young skater. It was some good back and forth until my phone dropped the call,, but the guys continued to talk about the subject of kids,, learning and trying not to do too much as a skater parent.  Told the boy about the phone call as we walked out of Karate class and needless to say he was pissed that I spoke to Tony and he did not..


I seem to be wearing holes in my shoes and the ones on the bottom of the shoe are getting worse every session,, The only place that has the best selection of Vans is in the MOA and being so damn close to the holidays not sure that I want to go in to that place regardless of  what they have on the shelves.




This kid has been getting a lot of views lately.. He is kind of nut and I would to spend a day following him around the Valley Of The Sun..


I am not the only one Here in the 612 with Grey in his hair that have fresh wood.. 
Here is the Godfather of Minnesota cycling Geno with a 
fresh box of goodies from the Master Of Disaster 

Get out and hump the crap out of this hump day..
Keep the Wheels Moving.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment