Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Deeper

Yesterday was a planed off day,, other than commuting.. I needed it mondays TT like effort into the wind was a bit of a crusher and I had no desire to sit on the rollers after dinner. 
I have to say that my sleep was some of the best that it has been in a while. 
We splurged a few weeks back a got an I Comfort mattress,, and sleep has been good but last 
night I sunk into that memory foam and did not move until I heard the 
Scorpions Rocking Me like A Hurricane.. 
Deep Sleep. 
I am waiting on a new set of Tires from Vittoria  for my Gunnar a fresh set of 28's, so I am holding off on the mandatory spring cleaning. 
Bike is still dirty from what or when it was last ridden in November and badly needs to have
the cables and housing changed out. 
I love that feeling of fresh cables and housing.... but don't want to get it all cleaned up and subject it to the carnage out on the roads here in the Drifless Region
My All City has been doing all the work for the past 10 days that outside above freezing temps have been in play,, and I am doing my best to keep it happy and clean. 
Will need new break pads sooner than later with all the crap on the roads,, and as soon 
as my BB30 gets here for my new LaMere,,,, King 
is sending along both style of grease injectors so I will be able to do a deep clean and flush the BB with clean grease.. This bike has had a good but tough life ever since it came home back in October.

Today was the first day in a while that I could have gotten away with out fenders... but I am not sure if that was because it was 
just a degree or two above freezing. Once you get out of the City and in to the country the water is less and less. Their are puddles or small lakes in Lacrosse that if you enter you may not come out. 
For the most part I have to say that I felt pretty good today slow up bliss but that is 
what I get trying to push 63 inches this early but I want to get it up to 66+ so I can use it in 
some of the group rides, and not get dropped on the flats due to spinning out. 
Still lots of work to be done,, but happy with what has been done so far and 
as long as it stays dry and some what warmer non negative temps I'll keep my self moving outside. 
The Pip comes home this weekend for spring break and I'll have to take her over to Minnesota and ride some of the endless gravel roads that side of the river,, Nice long climbs and valleys that seem
to never end. I hope she know what she is getting in to.
Time to Dig Deep!

No comments:

Post a Comment