Monday, July 6, 2015

Gail Howard Curran Sr


On the Forth of July ,, My Grandfather Gail Sr,, passed away quietly in his home surrounded by his family.. 97 and one half years old.. 
This here is a photo of us last November and just last week I got to sit next to him and one last time share stories of my youth and my time spent with him.
I spent a lot of time with this man,,as a young child spending weeks at his home over the summer, going on day trips up into the mountains and traveling around Denver and keeping me busy while my parents got relief from me being home.. 
In 87 he and I flew out to Reno where I got to spend a good long time with my family in Reno.
Grandpa worked for United Air and for years and years he could travel when ever and where ever he wanted. So again he was always around a very important part of my life. 
For all the years that I lived in the Mountains west of Him I was spoiled to be able to stop in and share my young kids them.. I will be strange to not have him around but will always have the memories.
I will miss him but very happy that he is now with Grandma, and soon the whole family will get together again and celebrate his life.. 
1978  Denver
1998 Lacrosse
Love You Old Man.. 
Now get some Peace.. 



No comments:

Post a Comment