Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Never Let Me dOwN

Pealing off the layers on a friday night after a slog ride (commute) home
the smell of some of my gear made me gag a bit.
With all this damn cold air you would not think that a whole lot of 
sweating would be going on. 
Regardless I was going to hold on to that stink and add to it over the weekend. 
Inspiration comes in  waves and some times in the strangest of places if you look at it right. 
I was all geared up to watch some World Championship CycloCross and 
Ski till it hurt. 
The first of the two became a bit of a chore to find and get to see.
The UCI had the Stream blocked to the US,, so saturdays race I watched in 
some foreign language with a choppy feed.  It was a bummer to watch KFK have such a bad start but was totally awesome to see her kick ass to try to get back to the front. 

This was followed up by some downhill skiing with the boy in what seemed to be fresh snow if you worked for it. 

My gear is old and tattered and I am not planning on getting anything new anytime soon. 
I dig skiing down hill and riding lifts,, spent many many years doing this, and now it is just 
for fun when conditions are right. Not like I am going to drop everything and head to 
New Mexico to go get rad with that guy three years and a day older. 
Wanting more or needing more maybe one too many Espressos I was back out on two stick this time the skinny kind and fresh groomers, this time I made sure that my legs cried out for me to stop. 
Sunday more Cross Racing and what was Called the Superbowl..
This time I found a way around the UCI's block and was able to cast it to the TV.
That race was killer and to see Stybar hang in hang on and 
make the move that stuck till the end. I thought for sure that Sven was going to win but wrong I was.
 The wax on sunday was the wrong color and was like riding the rollers with towels rolled up under them or riding in 53x11 in a stiff head wind. The coverage on the trails is the best that it has been in years and the groomers are keeping the corduroy in prefect shape. 
I gave up after a touch under 50 minutes I was shot,,, but hard to give it up when it is this good. 
All this was lead up to what was to be the Broncos winning the big football game. 
We all know what happened their. 
Yes I wanted to see Payton win again but I really wanted was my 
old grandpa who has been a Broncos fan through thick and thin all these years 
get to see One More Championship.  Their is always next year and the way that he 
is living he'll probably be there to see it. 
Days are getting longer just not warmer. But the wheels are turning
almost like taking a ride with my Best Friend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment